The NHS Friends and Family Test gives your patients a single, simple way to feedback on their experience. It gives you a quick and useful measure of satisfaction. And it allows government and commissioners to compare your hospital with others, and to track your performance over time. Many Trusts are already using the NHS Friends and Family test, which will be rolled out nationwide from 1 April 2013. All Trusts must comply, and the test must be applied in a consistent way.
The Test consists of a simple question: ‘How likely are you to recommend our ward/department to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?’ with a six point scale answer ranging from extremely unlikely to extremely likely. Further follow-up questions can be run alongside the NHS Friends and Family Test so your Trust can find out why a patient responded the way they did. These additional questions can be determined locally and will be used to drive forward improvements to service.
The NHS Friends and Family Test will provide real-time feedback on patient experience and used alongside the other measures you already use: patient surveys, complaints, focus groups, patient stories, etc it can provide a valuable insight into how your service is being delivered, and can help you identify how to improve.
Initially all patients in these groups should be given an opportunity to respond:
- Adult acute inpatients (who have stayed at least one night in hospital)
- Adult patients who have attended A&E and left without being admitted to hospital or were transferred to a Medical Assessment Unit and then discharged The Department of Health expects response rates of at least 15% in most cases.
Giving you fast and user friendly access to your results
Our bespoke data capture system, allows you access to your results in real time and gives you unrivalled ability to manipulate and analyse your data in a user-friendly format. We provide you with:
- Survey results immediately, each period and in aggregate form
- Data available site by site, and ward by ward
- Access to your own data in real time including completion rates
- Comparisons of your results with other Trusts or Providers
- Ability to produce graphs, charts and tables suitable for reporting back to your clinicians
- Access to any of your other patient survey data which is held by Recommend Station
- Patient Driven
- Real Time
- Proven Solution